The Gallery Shop at Seymour Art Gallery offers unique handmade gifts by more than 60 local artists. Artist submissions are accepted on an on-going basis and the Gallery Shop Committee will review submissions twice annually.
We STRONGLY recommend that you visit the Gallery Shop before you make a submission, so that you can see the space and the items we currently carry. We are specifically looking for work which is quite different from the pieces already on display. Each of the Gallery Shop artists has their own unique style and therefore if your work is similar to that of an artist we already carry, it is very unlikely that your work would be selected.
If the Gallery Shop Committee is interested in your online submission, you will be asked to bring finished samples for jurying. Accepted artists will start on a three-month trial to ensure that the relationship is a good fit for both the artist and the Gallery Shop.
- All work considered must be handmade by the artist and artists must represent their own work.
- We do not accept submissions for consumable items.
- While we welcome applications from all BC artists, each artist’s stock must be replaced every 3 months and we cannot offer shipping; if the artist will not be able to visit the Gallery Shop that often, we regretfully cannot offer representation.
- The Gallery Shop is a small space. While we do not have formal restrictions on the size of artworks, we must consider size when deciding what artworks we will carry.
- Works on paper must be framed and wired.
If your work is accepted, it is required that you become a member of the Seymour Art Gallery Society. You do not need to be a member to apply.
- Short Artist Biography: Tell us about yourself, including your educational background and experience (max 500 words)
- About Your Work: Provide information about your work and details on how you make it. If applicable, please include details about your framing (max 500 words)
- Images: Up to 5 images of pieces you propose for sale in the Gallery Shop (max 5MB each), along with title, medium, dimensions, and retail price
HOW TO APPLY:
There is a $5 (USD) Slideroom admin fee, but no jury fee.