You can help contribute to the community by volunteering in our vibrant gallery. We are looking for volunteers for a number of different positions including Gallery Shop sales, helping at fundraisers and special events, serving alcohol at events, and helping out with children/youth programs.
1. Gallery Shop sales/Gallery monitor:
Responsibilities include greeting visitors, recording attendance, and making sales using a simple iPad-based point-of-sale. Training is provided.
2. Helping out at fundraisers and special events:
Duties may include greeting guests, checking people in, answering questions, and proving general support to help keep things running smoothly.
3. Serving alcohol at events:
Requires ‘Serve it Right’ certification.
4. Helping out with children/youth programs:
Requires experience working with children and a criminal records check.
Applicants must have an interest in contemporary art, enjoy interacting with the public, be friendly and welcoming, comfortable working independently, and willing to learn. Must be comfortable using an iPad, handling cash, as well as credit card and debit machine transactions.
Art education an asset. We are not currently seeking volunteers under age 18.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in volunteering at Seymour Art Gallery please send an email to submissions(at)seymourartgallery.com and include the following information:
1. In 1-2 paragraphs, tell us about you!
2. Why do you want to volunteer with us?
3. What do you hope to gain from your experience here?
4. Which volunteer position(s) are you interested in?
Thank you for your interest!